Saturday, February 23, 2019

Iphone 6 Restore Software Too Old






I had an iphone 6 and i dropped it at the beach and lost it a month ago. now, i got a new iphone 6 and i tried to back up my files from my old iphone to my new iphone, but it wouldnt let me back up. it says the software is too old.. First off i have to warn you: while it’s not a bad idea to restore from a backup if you’ve two identical phones (e.g., apple replaces a damaged iphone 4, for example), it’s always a bad idea to restore from a different generation device.. If you just got a new iphone, but your previous iphone had a backup on a newer version of ios and you can't restore, this video will explain what you need to do..





Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup ...


Restore your iphone, ipad, or ipod touch from a backup



As an fyi, when you “restore” the new iphone (after going through the “set up as new iphone” process), it will actually restore it all the way back to the default settings. this is ok because now the ios software is up to date, so you’ll be able to use your old iphone’s backup after the restore process is complete.. Can't restore iphone 6s to latest iphone 5 backup. ask question. up so i could update the software to match what is installed on the 5. and then i went to restore the backup from today, and: the date of the backup i can see, is the day i installed the ios 9 beta on the old phone. registering the 6s for the beta program hasn't solved it. My iphone was acting up so knowing i had all my blobs and tickets, i did a restore back to a clean 5.0.1 state. but itunes won't let me restore my backup, says my software is too old. so i got out the old google machine and found some work arounds, but no luck..



visit link reference